During a chat with a friend yesterday, she asked me whether I had any New Year's resolutions. Goals? What goals? Oh, OK. I might have some for 2011. Without any fanfare, here are my goals for the new year. Career: Secure a full-time job in the Twin Cities area that allows me to achieve social good. As Ben and I prepare to move back to Minnesota, it only makes sense I find a job there soon, right?
Personal: Buy a house in Minneapolis or St. Paul. This is a biggie. Ben and I have looked for houses twice. The first time, we opted to rent because it made the most sense. The second time, the timing was off. Third time is the charm, right?
Running:
1. Break 4 hours in the marathon. My current PR is 4:07:51, which I achieved in November at the Philadelphia Marathon. With some dedicated speed and hill work, I think this goal is attainable at the Flying Pig Marathon on May 1. If not then, I'll try again at a fall marathon. I hold out hope for qualifying for Boston, but I don't think I'm going to improve my PR by 27 minutes...yet.
2. Look like this. I know, I know. It's superficial. But I'd love to have a bod like that of a female athlete who graces the cover of Runner's World. (FYI: Carrie Tollefson, on the Runner's World cover, is from Minnesota. She grew up about 70 miles from my hometown.)
3. Run without getting a stress fracture or other injury. Despite being away from running for 10 weeks, having to wear a boot for 8 of them and use crutches for 7 during 2010, it was still a good running year for me. But stress fractures are zero fun, and I never want to go through that again.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Good luck!
Post a Comment