Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Battle of the Pies

Today, I got a lesson in what happens when too much beer and testosterone are mixed.

Within minutes of my husband leaving to run errands this morning, I got a call from him. I thought he had: a.) forgotten something or b.) backed into the vehicle that parks across from our garage (icy conditions, you know).

Something else entirely prompted his call. To paraphrase, he said:

"Honey, I might have gotten us into a challenge. You know Peter -- my classmate? Well, he told me last night that he's been spending the last few days trying to master pumpkin pie. He said it's the best pumpkin pie. Well... I told him that your butternut squash pie is better. So, yeah, do you think you might be able to make your butternut squash pie?"

Over drinks last night, they concocted a contest of sorts. And who has to compete? Me. Reluctantly, I've agreed to make my famous butternut squash pie. It's not my recipe, but you can find it here.

Who will win the battle? It's tough to say. But if my pie lives up to its name (see above recipe), I think we know who's taking the trophy home.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Emma said...

lol. I love how it's not "MY PIE IS BETTER" it's "MY WIFE'S PIE IS BETTER!"

Good luck, Brady!! What do you win? Something awesome, I hope!