My cousin reminded me that I failed to update you all on who won the pie competition. Sorry.
But, do I really need to say? We all know it was me. Not buying it? OK. I'll tell you.
Last Wednesday, Ben and I went to our friend's home for dinner. Following a delicious dinner of pork loin, salad, potatoes and garlic bread, the four of us sampled my butternut squash pie and our friend's pumpkin pie.
Our friend baked a ginger crust from scratch. The crust wasn't so different from that of cheesecake. The texture of the filling was good, but it lacked flavor. Our friend used only cinnamon, whereas I used cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves.
No winner was declared. Ben (my own husband!) ruled it a tie. Between us, I think he took a neutral position because he didn't want to hurt his friend's feelings.
In my opinion, there was no competition. My pie was the clear winner. I stand by my pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment