In November, I turn 27. While every birthday should be celebrated, the number this year is somewhat unremarkable. It's two years past a quarter century, three years from the big 3-0.
Why not make this year stand out? Especially after the past few birthdays, which have been low key. When I turned 22, I was juggling a full load of classes at the University of Minnesota, spending 30 hours a week at the Minnesota Daily and interning at the Pioneer Press. I invited my friends over for a movie. They brought cake. I have a photo where I'm blowing out the candles -- in my pajamas.When I turned 24, my cousin and brother-in-law came over for waffles. On my most recent birthday, I treated myself to a roll from Bennison's Bakery, had an informational interview with someone from Chicago Public Radio in the city and met my friends for Indian. Oh, how I was craving Indian.
I've decided to celebrate my 27 years by running 26.2 miles. Call me crazy, dumb, foolish. But six weeks after I run the Chicago Marathon (10-10-10), I will toe the line of the Philadelphia Marathon (11-21-10). The race is only three days after I blow out 27 candles. How remarkable is that.
4 comments:
We will party it up in Philadelphia, Brady! But not too hard, so you can run hard. =)
Totally hear ya. My best friend and I are running Chicago to celebrate turning 30. And the whole 10-10-10 thing was just kinda cool (10+10+10= what? 30!!) :D
Philly is my birthday marathon, too. If you run the extra .8, I'll think about running the extra 8.8. :/
Shruti, I can't wait! Thank you for being willing to house us while we're there.
Sam, I'll think about it :)
April, I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment