Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stay tuned...

Stay tuned...

--For an analysis after tomorrow's workout with a trainer at my gym. The trainer, who gave me my assessment back in November, is leaving to work at another (read: better paying) L.A. Fitness. I was the first girl (what does this say about me?) he approached at L.A. Fitness when he started in November, so it's only fitting we work out together on his last day. And no, he wasn't hitting on me back in November. He has a girlfriend, and he was just trying to score some clients. As much as I'd like to have a personal trainer, I can't afford one, especially with my mounting medical bills. There's a deal going on at L.A. Fitness tomorrow, which would make training sessions way more affordable. Since my trainer is leaving, though, he can't guilt me into buying sessions after our workout. Score! Another trainer at the gym said I could have a free session with him because I deserved it because, despite my fracture, I still worked out four to six times a week. I hope he makes good on his promise.

--For my story that ran in Tracy's Headlight Herald last week. The article did not appear in its entirety online. So I have to go old-school, make copies of the actual newspaper story, scan the article and post the PDF's on the blog. Be patient, dear readers.

--For an update on fund-raising for the MMRF. In addition to the story in the Headlight Herald last week, my sister and I enjoyed some coverage in the Chicago area, too. We haven't hit our goal yet, but we will.

--For an update on my injury and my return to running. Tomorrow marks one week since I got to ditch my crutches and air boot. I'm still not running, but I'm walking and enjoying every crutch-less step.

No comments: