Sunday, March 22, 2009

Roatan

Life's a beach.

Ben and I spent seven glorious days at the beach in Roatan. I read on the beach. I almost drifted off to sleep on the beach. I dined on the beach. I stayed in a bungalow a few feet from the beach.

We stayed in West Bay, which was about a half-mile long stretch of beach. The Italians dominated their strip. There were Speedos and topless women galore!

I woke up around 6:30 a.m. and ran up and down the beach four of the days we were there. It was hot, so I never made it more than 3 miles.

We met up in Roatan with Ben's parents, his brother and his brother's girlfriend. We went out one evening on our own. How romantic. We dined at Bite on the Beach, which had these giant, neon eels out front. Pretty cool.


We stayed in a basic bungalow. We had a bed, a fridge and air conditioner. Oh, and on the last few nights, we had a lizard. I'll call him -- or her -- thethingthatkeptmeupatnight.

Ben and I had a good time. But we missed our dog and were ready to come home.

A dolphin tried to make out with me.


2 comments:

Abby Martinek said...

One word: jealous

Anonymous said...

I agree with Abby's comment. ( :
I LOVE the pic of you and the dolphin. Cassie had shown me on facebook, and she was jealous, too. SHE wants to swim with a dolphin, too.
Neat pictures, and glad you had a fun time.
Love,
A.V.