I have puppy fever.
On Friday night during a lovely dinner with another couple -- proud owners of Panda, a Papitese -- I dominated half the conversation about wanting a dog.
They gave us the name of their breeder, and I have been daydreaming about a future Morkie or Malti-poo every since. They are both cute, non-shedding dogs. The puggle still pulls at my heartstrings.
I know the barriers to not getting a dog:
--Ben says not yet.
--Although our rental contract stipulates we can have a pet for a monthly fee, our landlord has changed his mind. He can ignore serious fixes the house needs -- including a front door we asked for when we moved in a year and a half ago -- but he won't allow a five-pound puppy to live in our home? Where are his priorities?
Barriers aside, I still want one. And I think there is no harm in looking at classifieds and various breeders' Web sites until I get a dog.
3 comments:
I'm totally with you on this one!
No amount of begging, whining, pleading or sucking up has gotten me the yes I'm looking for!
That's it, time to move!
And I'm sure Ben's really just a softie, just like Branden! He said no dog yet ... but when he saw Mickey he couldn't resist!
Hey! I'm not a softie!
Post a Comment