Recommendation #1: Improvise with asparagus.
Ben is not easily impressed. But on Monday, I wooed him with a side dish I made up in my head while sitting at work.
We had one bunch of asparagus that was days away from going bad. I wanted to use it, but didn't have an recipes ready and didn't want to search online. Plus I've found lately that even the greatest-looking recipes can end up being disasters. So I improvised.
I threw in a little bacon and minced garlic with the asparagus, which I sautéed in olive oil. Then I sprinkled some garlic salt and black pepper. I also threw in a dash of red chili spice because Ben loves a kick with his meal. And after I scooped up the side dish, I added some Parmesan cheese. It's good on almost everything (see below).
A note on the bacon -- it wasn't for me; it was for Ben. This boy has to have meat with every meal.
His review: "You can make this anytime for me."
Recommendation #2: Parmesan cheese on Kraft Mac 'n Cheese is to die for. Try it.
It sounded gross to me at first. But then Ben made me try it. Now, I don't think I could ever eat the dish without a few spoonfuls of Parmesan. It's that good.
No comments:
Post a Comment